Last Updated on by BBE Research Team
Zcash to USD – places to exchange
Zcash or ZEC is a privacy cryptocurrency with a strong focus on safety and transparency. It has a unique feature called selective transparency. ZEC transactions can be either transparent or protected via a zero-knowledge algorithm. Thus, info about parties and balances remains private while zero-knowledge proofs guarantee that everything’s fair. ZEC was close to $6,000 in 2016 but now it’s cheaper – check the rates using our ZEC to USD charts.
When you decide to trade ZEC to USD, it’s essential to know all the available options. Ultimately, there are two approaches that rely on traditional and crypto-only deals:
- Crypto-to-fiat. This form is well-known. Put simply, you get ZEC/USD deals through exchanging your cryptocurrency to fiat dollars, just like Forex.
- Crypto-to-crypto. This one is more sophisticated. To avoid connecting fiat payment channels, you can initiate ZEC USD trading against stablecoins like USDT.
In both cases, you will need a ZEC-friendly wallet or exchange balance to store your coins. We strongly suggest keeping the main part of your crypto funds on a separate server wallet or, ideally, in your cold storage.
ZEC to USD Exchange
When you realize which pair you want to trade, it’s time to choose the best ZEC to USD exchange. There are three types available to regular users:
- Brokerage services. They sell crypto to customers but don’t let them trade it. Thus, you can purchase some coins using a simple interface and then switch to exchanges.
- Exchanges. These sites enable trading. Using them, you can access different order types, trade on different markets, buy and sell crypto, or other assets freely.
- P2P payments. Finally, these platforms support direct client-to-client deals. They don’t offer custody services so people should agree on key terms individually.
If you want to get the best ZEC price USD, check out our exchange reviews. These guides show the pros and cons of different sites, their features, fees, and limits.