Uphold is a new-style brokerage and exchange service. Mainly, it relies on the native mobile apps for iOS and Android but also has a web version. The Uphold exchange features are limited, while buy/sell options are pretty rich thanks to many banking methods and pairs.
Uphold Fees and Limits
All app-related fees are set to zero. Instead, Uphold adds a spread to preview prices; usually, it’s 0.5-1%. Withdrawals in crypto have small fees like 0.0003 BTC. Uphold limits are between $5 per transaction (min) and $50,000 per day (max).
Is Uphold Safe?
Definitely, yes. As long as Uphold complies with major KYC/AML and general financial requirements, the Uphold fraud is simply impossible. As well, the system has its own 24/7 security center, regular audits, due diligence procedures, verifications, and 2FA.
Uphold Exchange – Q&A
This Uphold review addresses the most urgent questions about the service. The Uphold phone number is unavailable, you can use emails and the site for support.
- How to buy on Uphold? As the system supports “anything-to-anything” trading, you just need to avoid the Uphold down moments. Use the trading section to buy assets.
- How to use Uphold? You can get a native mobile application or trade using the web version. Of course, you will need your Uphold login credentials and the related payments.
- Is Uphold legit? The company is a FinCEN-registered MSB in the USA. It also complies with PCI/DSS requirements of payment systems. The Uphold scam is impossible.
- What is an Uphold alternative? Uphold reviews show that it’s a direct competitor of Coinbase for crypto and Revolut for FinTech.
- Where is Uphold located? Launched in 2015, the company is located in London, the UK. As well, it has a few offices across the world.
- Which pairs are available? 22 cryptocurrencies, 5 utility tokens, 7 stablecoins, 27 national currencies, and 4 metals, according to the Uphold review 2020.
- Over 60 different assets
- Fully transparent holdings and storages
- Its own virtual card coming soon
- Prices locked in pre-trade, no hidden fees
- Works in 184 countries
- Zero-fee system for all operations
- Poor Uphold support
- High exchange Uphold fees in the web app
- Small fee included in the price, around 0.5-1%